October 09, 2020
Store Openings. Our stores have reopened, however, hours may vary across states and provinces. Please check the status of your local store.
We care about your safety so we:
- Sanitize the Ear Piercing station and chairs before and after each piercing
- The piercing earrings and cartridge are pre-sterilized
- Associates sanitize their hands and wear safety visors
- Single-use medical grade disposable gloves are used for each piercing
May 16 2020
Keeping Our ICING Family Safe
- We are practicing strict social distancing in all our stores and facilities
- Store front signage denotes how many people can be safely accommodated in each store, and our floors are marked to guide safe distancing
- Our associates are wearing masks per local guidelines
- Hand sanitizer is available in all stores, and associates are diligently sanitizing their hands
- We are sanitizing high touch surfaces such as payment machines and counter surfaces regularly
- The ear piercing station and chairs are sanitized before and after each piercing
- Associates sanitize their hands and the ear piercing system, and wear single use medical grade disposable gloves for every piercing
- Our specialized piercing earrings are part of a pre-sterilized cartridge that is loaded directly into the piercing instrument without ever being touched by the store associate.
May 1 2020
Select stores are now open in line with state guidelines - please check with your local store before planning a visit, and note that opening hours are likely to vary.
April 3 2020
We’re in this together
We’re living in unprecedented times - every day we’re adjusting and finding ways to manage our social distancing while staying connected online. While we remain open online 24/7, we’ve made important changes to the way we fulfill your orders to safeguard our associates, and unfortunately this means we’re running behind on shipping orders. The safety of our associates is our number 1 priority, so please bear with us through this difficult time as we do our utmost to keep them safe.
The additional safety measures we’ve implemented are as recommended by the CDC and WHO, and include:
- Morning social distancing and sanitizing safety briefings
- Smaller shifts to maintain social distancing
- Increased distances between packaging stations
- Frequent sanitizing of all equipment
- Hand Sanitizer readily available at all work stations, entrances and exits
We are extremely grateful for our fulfillment teams - they are on the frontlines every day, helping to bring joy and fun directly to you, in your homes.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this difficult time. We’re all in this together. Stay safe and well.
March 27 2020
Icing Stores, Inc. today announced additional actions being taken to respond to the challenges of the COVID-19 virus.
“We are all facing unprecedented challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Ryan Vero, CEO. “Over the last several weeks we have temporarily closed all of our stores worldwide, moved our corporate teams to a work-from-home environment, and changed the configuration of our distribution centers in order to practice safe physical distancing at work. As we continue to focus on the safety of our employees and communities, it has now become clear that our stores will need to remain temporarily closed until further notice.”
While Icing ecommerce and concession businesses remain unchanged, a longer period of global store closure has necessitated further action. The majority of store based associates have been placed on temporary furlough, to be recalled when stores re-open, and approximately 250 corporate office employees have also been placed on temporary furlough. In all cases, the Company is covering employee-paid healthcare premiums for up to 8 weeks to ensure those affected do not face additional hardship in accessing health benefits. In a further commitment to conserving resources, the senior leadership team will also be taking a tiered reduction in pay, with CEO Ryan Vero and board members taking a 30% pay cut.
“The decision to temporarily furlough so many of our associates was not taken lightly, but was necessary for the long-term health of our organization,” said Vero. “Our goal is to have our stores open, and our associates returning to work as soon as it is safe and advisable to do so. We are committed to one another and to our customers, and when the time arrives to re-open, we will be there, ready to serve, and ready to provide long-term career opportunities for all of our associates.”
The Company will continue to monitor this ongoing situation and provide relevant updates, relying on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and government officials, to determine when stores will reopen.
17 March 2020
Icing Stores Temporarily Closes North American Stores
Icing Stores, Inc. announced today a series of additional actions being taken to protect the safety and well-being of associates, customers and communities in response to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
“Our associate and customer safety and well-being are our top priority. Based on the rapid progression of the COVID-19 situation and the public health directions to slow its spread, we have made the decision to temporarily close all of our Claire’s and Icing stores in North America effective 6.00PM March 17th.” Said Ryan Vero, Chief Executive Officer, Claire’s Stores, Inc.
Icing stores will remain closed until at least March 27th, and associates will be paid for the hours they were scheduled to work during this time period. In addition, the company has instructed office based associates to work from home wherever possible.
Icing is committed to continuing to provide exceptional service through their online stores at www.claires.com and www.icing.com. Online stores will remain open and continue to fulfill orders during this time period. In addition, efforts are underway to provide additional engaging content and suggested activities via Icing's digital channels to help those also impacted by school closures.
Unfortunately store closures mean that buy online, pick-up in store orders will be delayed until our stores re-open. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Officer
10 March 2020
Information Regarding Icing's Response to Coronavirus
To All Icing Customers and Associates,
The health and safety of our customers and associates is our top priority. Outlined below are precautionary measures Icing is taking in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19):.
- We have a planning and response team in place; their number one objective is to ensure the health and safety of our customers and associates.
- We have protocols for hand washing and use of hand sanitizer, as well as for regularly sanitizing payment machines and counter surfaces
- Hand and instrument sanitation and the use of single use disposable gloves are standard mandatory practice for every Icing piercing. Our piercing procedure, piercing system, earrings and supplies are designed to ensure a safe and hygienic experience. The specialist piercing earrings we use are produced in North America, and are part of a pre-sterilized cartridge that is disposed of after every use. The pre-sterilized earring cartridge is loaded directly into the piercing instrument without ever being touched by the store associate.
- We are monitoring the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization for communications about COVID-19 and are following their advice.
- We have a protocol in place that we will execute, in conjunction with public health authorities, if an exposure to COVID-19 related to a store occurs..
We at Icing understand the wide-ranging impact COVID-19 is having on the lives of our customers and our associates, and we extend our deepest sympathies to those who have already been affected. We will continue to monitor this situation closely, keeping the health and well-being of our customers and associates as our top priority.
Chief Executive Officer