Last updated: 1/2/2023
- Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing of Your Information
- Sweepstakes and Contests
- Links to Other Websites and Online Services
- Personal Information From Children
- Your Choices
- California Residents
- Information for Users Outside The United States
- Questions/Changes in Policy
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Information You Submit
We, and our vendors, may obtain personal information that you provide to us directly, for example, data you submit when you complete contact forms, sign up for marketing or informational newsletters, and shop or complete an order on the Site. Personal information we collect may include your name, mailing and billing address, username, email address, phone number, date of birth, and payment processing information.
If you submit the personal information of another person, you represent that you have obtained the authorization from that person to submit such personal information to us.
b. Tracking Technologies
We may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, including tracking technologies managed by vendors or external parties. Tracking technologies can generally be categorized as follows:
- Strictly Necessary. These tracking technologies are used for core functionality, for example for security and to enforce your privacy preferences. Without these cookies, some functionality of the Site will fail.
- Social Media. These tracking technologies enable you to connect to social media networks, such as allowing you to share content or log in using your social media credentials. Without these cookies, some social media integration functionality of the Site will fail.
- Functional and Performance. These tracking technologies help to improve our services, including the Site, such as allowing us to measure the performance of the Site, know which webpages are the most and least popular, see how visitors move around the Site, and provide enhanced functionality. For example, these cookies may observe your mouse movements on the Site for us to better understand the efficiency of the Site’s user interface and design.
- Advertising. These tracking technologies help us and other parties personalize ads that are shown to you on our sites and services, as well as on other online services. If enabled, these tracking technologies will allow other parties engaged in interest-based advertising on our Services to understand your use of online services across platforms and over time. Advertising tracking technologies may be used to deliver advertisements, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, detect your device, and personalize content
Tracking technologies may collect usage information such as the browser you are using, your IP address or other unique identifier, geolocation, search terms, your use of the Site (including clicks, movement, scrolling, and keystroke activity), the URL that referred you to our Site, all of the areas within our Site that you visit, anonymous traffic data, and the time of the visit. Some tracking technologies may use general geolocation location for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting content based on your location, such as our “store locator” to suggest appropriate store locations. Additionally, some tracking technology may enable security features and allow us to detect activity that might violate our rules and terms, such as unauthorized access or activity.
We or external parties may collect personal data about your online activities over time and across different online services when you use the Services. We may combine tracking technology information with other personal information about you, such as combining your usage information with offline purchasing behaviors.
We may use certain external party tracking technology services, such as the following:
- Snap and its affiliates, may collect information to may use that information to provide measurement services, ad targeting, and other advertising services
- Microsoft Advertising, through its Universal Event Tracking (UET) feature or Clarity services, may collect information subject to its Microsoft Privacy Statement: privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Google Analytics Advertising features such as dynamic remarketing, interest-based advertising, audience targeting, behavioral reporting, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, device reporting, display advertising, and video ads reporting. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Adobe Tag Manager; to opt out of Adobe cookies, visit: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
- Facebook Custom Audience; you can opt out by logging into your Facebook account and changing your privacy or advertising settings as per Facebook’s opt-out instructions. You may also use your Facebook account settings to unlink your Facebook account from the Site
TikTok, which may use Device Data Collection Tools to collect information about how users use interact with online services to provide measurement services and/or targeted ads
- Amazon may use tracking technologies to show interest-based ads on the Site and across the Internet. To opt out of receiving interest-based ads from Amazon visit the relevant Amazon Ads Preferences page.
We do not represent that these external party tools, programs, or statements are complete or accurate. Note that clearing cookies or changing browser or device settings may affect your choices when using various sites and services, and you may need to opt out separately via each browser and/or electronic device you use.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your information for many purposes, such as to: (i) provide various products or services to you, including by processing your orders, returns, and payments (including recurring payments for subscription services); (ii) analyze trends and conduct research about improving our products and services; (iii) provide support and respond to questions from customers and Site visitors; (iv) improve the Site, products, or services; (v) learn about customers’ needs; (vi) contact consumers for research, informational, and marketing purposes, including customizing our product recommendations to you based upon your information and purchases; (vii) track traffic patterns and Site usage; (viii) enable online ordering and provide customer service with respect to such orders; (ix) correlate information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in our marketing efforts; (x) provide specific relevant marketing, promotional, or other information to you; (xi) address information security and/or privacy issues, network functioning, and troubleshooting; (xii) investigate claims and/or legal actions, violations of our policies and procedures, and compliance with relevant applicable laws and legal process; (xiii) comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process as well as industry standards and our company policies; or (xiv) prevent, investigate, identify, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we collect about you with our subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. From time to time we may enter into an arrangement with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with us to provide additional features on the Site. These arrangements may include business partners, sponsors, and co-branded sites (referred to here as “co-branded pages”). Any information, including personal information, that you provide on one of these co-branded pages may be shared with these partners. By participating in activities or providing your information on these co-branded pages, you consent to our providing your information to those partners. Separate privacy policies may apply to these partners’ uses of your personal information.
We may use vendors to help us operate our business and the Site, or administer activities on our behalf, such as accepting and fulfilling your order, executing future subscription auto-renewal transactions, sending emails, serving advertisements, order fulfillment, sweepstake administration, website maintenance, and customer service. For advertising purposes, we may share with vendors your information, including your personal information (such as your email address) and information we collect automatically.
We may share your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions. We further reserve the right to sell or transfer any information we obtain through the Site in connection with any joint venture, partnership, merger, or other collaboration with another organization.
Information, including personal information, may also be shared: (i) as permitted by law; (ii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process; or (iii) to enforce our policies, or to protect legal rights, property, or safety.
- SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS
We may use your personal information to send you marketing materials, to conduct surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and to award prizes. We may request additional information to participate in contests and surveys (such as your photos, personal opinions, preferences, and interests). Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose your information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND ONLINE SERVICES
The Site may contain links to, or features facilitated by, other websites or online services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or content of websites or online services that Claire’s does not control. Please note that other online services have their own privacy policies and Claire’s is not responsible or liable for these policies.
The Site may permit you to interact with another website or online service, such as enabling you to “like” Claire’s on another site or “share” content from the Site with other sites (a “Social Features”). If you choose to “like” or “share” content or post information using Social Feature, that information may be publicly displayed, and the other party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Site. Similarly, if you interact with us through Social Features, we may have access to information about you (for example, if you “like” or “follow” our page on another website). Please note that if you mention or comment about Claire’s or our Site in your post to another platform, that platform may allow us to publish your post on our Site.
You may also choose to use Social Features on the Site, such as by posting a review or logging into the Site with your username and password for another website (for example, using “Facebook Connect”). Use of such a feature may allow us to collect (or the other party to share) information about you, including your personal information.
In addition, we may receive information about you if a user of another website gives us access to their profile and you are one of their “connections”, or information about you is otherwise accessible through that other user.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information online from individuals under age 13. If we become aware that we have obtained personal information from a child under age 13 we will delete such information in accordance with applicable law.
- YOUR CHOICES
If you have a registered account with Icing and would like to update or delete your contact information, please visit the “My Account” section and update your personal information details.
If you elected to receive marketing materials from us and prefer to no longer receive any marketing materials from us, you may opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe link located in our emails or by sending an email to [email protected].
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act and California’s “Shine the Light” law, as set forth in our California Consumer Privacy Notice here.
- INFORMATION FOR USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that Icing is based in the U.S. and the information we obtain through the Site will be transferred to, processed, and stored on our servers in the United States. The data protection laws and regulations applicable to your personal data transferred to the United States may be different from the laws in your country of residence.
For users in the European Economic Area, including the European Union, please refer to our EU Privacy Notice.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help protect personal information collected or received through the Site. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
- QUESTIONS / CHANGES IN POLICY